This wikiHow teaches you how to add a contact’s name, phone number, and other details to your Android’s Emergency information page. Your emergency contacts are accessible to anybody without your password, and will help the first-response team in an emergency.
Edit10 Second Summary
1. Open your lock screen.
2. Tap EMERGENCY.
3. Double-tap EMERGENCY INFORMATION.
4. Tap the pencil icon.
5. Enter your password or security pattern.
6. Tap CONTINUE.
7. Tap the CONTACTS tab.
8. Tap Add contact.
9. Select an emergency contact.
- Open your Android’s lock screen. Turn your Android on, and press the lock button to get the lock screen.
- Tap the button. This button is usually located at the bottom or at the top of your lock screen.
- Double-tap the button. This is a red button at the top of your screen. It will open a list of all your previously saved emergency information on a new page.
- Tap the icon on the top-right. This button will allow you to edit your emergency information.
- You will have to enter your password or security pattern to edit your emergency contacts.
- Enter your password or security pattern. This will verify your identity, and allow you to edit your emergency information.
- Tap in the pop-up. This will open your emergency information page.
- Tap the tab. This button is located in the upper-right corner of the Emergency information page.
- Tap the button. This option will allow you to add a new emergency contact to your phone or tablet. It will list all your contacts on a new page.
- Adding an emergency contact here can help the first-response team get in contact with your emergency contact in an emergency.
- Select your new emergency contact. Find the contact you want to designate as your emergency contact, and tap their name on the list. This will add their name, phone number, and other details to your Emergency information page.